Friday, March 5, 2010

Putting My Cake to the Test

Well last night was our Gluten Intolerance Group meeting. So I decided to bring my experiment, *cough*, chocolate cake with me. As it turns out this meetings was dedicated to BAKING! With the owner of a Gluten Free bakery as our guest speaker. And I felt like a loaded gun, walking in there with my amateur cake! I mean these people are pro's! They ACTUALLY get PAID! To BAKE!!!!

I seriously felt like fleeing! Especially when I saw all the baked goods they brought for us to sample, all laid out on a table waiting for us. But it was too late, and there was no turning back. This was going to be a true test!

I didn't stick around long enough to get feedback and ask for opinions. I didn't want to steal the limelight away from our guest speaker who was wanting feedback herself on her products. But the few people I was sitting by, LOVED it! Of course, they could have just been saying that to me to be nice. But when it came time to pack up and go home, the only thing left that resembled a cake, were crumbs!

So I'm going to say that it was a hit! =)

1 comment: